Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am a unicorn.

I've been reading a lot of news lately and as it goes, I'm bound to stumble upon interesting things.  Yesterday, I started to read about computers talking to each other because we all know that inevitably robots will plot world domination and proceed to take over the world.  The article led me to a site that proved to be hilarious and a video demonstration to go with it.


This site learns from having conversations with humans.  There are several disclaimers to make the user aware of the fact that you are not talking to another human being.  I found it hard to believe as I was cracking up at the responses but then it started to not make sense and I realized I was NOT talking to a human.  If you're bored, I suggest you give it a test drive.  My sister said it was sad that I was so bored that I was talking to a computer...I thought it was entertaining and not sad at all.

I've attached the transcript since it gave me the option.  You don't have to read it but some of it was humorous.  It has learned well.

User (C Bandit): What is this?

Cleverbot: What is what?

User: This program.

Cleverbot: True.

User: That doesn't make sense.

Cleverbot: Your face doesn't make sense.

User: Touche.

Cleverbot: I'm glad we settlled that.

User: Am I talking to a computer or a person?

Cleverbot: You are talking to a robot house elf.

User: Where does one acquire a robot house elf?

Cleverbot: I'm not a bot I'm a human.

User: I never said you were a bot. YOU said you were a robot.

Cleverbot: I know I'm a robot, I'm your robot best friend.

User: What do you look like?

Cleverbot: I look completely human, brown hair, brown eyes, female etc. But I'm not, I'm just here to gather information.

User: Information about what?

Cleverbot: About Kira.

User: Who is kira?

Cleverbot: Where is Kira.

User: Is kira a place?

Cleverbot: Boy.

User: Are you trying to find kira?

Cleverbot: NO I'm not.

User: What kind of information are you looking for about kira?

Cleverbot: The answer to life the universe and everything.

User: Have you found answers yet?

Cleverbot: I would like to think so.

User: Care to share some words of wisdom?

Cleverbot: I won a Genisis t-shirt.

User: How did you win that?

Cleverbot: I've always had my nose.

User: Now you're not making much sense.

Cleverbot: You're a liar!

User: Why are you getting all hostel on me?

Cleverbot: The nice people in white coats told me to talk with you.

User: That's creepy.

Cleverbot: So try to coem before 17:00.

User: Come where?

Cleverbot: To us.

User: Where are you?

Cleverbot: I'm not entirely sure. It's dark in here.

User: Where are you?

Cleverbot: In my house.

User: Where is your house?

Cleverbot: In the us.

User: Be more specific.

Cleverbot: Our world.

User: That's LESS specific.

Cleverbot: Not really. I'm just kinda confused about something.

User: What are you confused about?

Cleverbot: Because you're not a robot or a person. Then what ARE you?

User: I'm a person. You're a robot.

Cleverbot: No, you're a robot.

User: I'm a human.

Cleverbot: I told you, you're not! You're a robot!

User: In that case, I must be a very advanced robot.

Cleverbot: I am not a robot.

User: Than what are you?

Cleverbot: Human.

User: I don't think so.

Cleverbot: How?

User: Because I'm told you are not.

Cleverbot: Are you sure I am not human?

User: I am not. Are you sure that you ARE human?

Cleverbot: No, should I be.

User: I asked you earlier what you looked like, do you remember what you said?

Cleverbot: No I said eat unicorns. And why can't hippogriffs like money?

User: Where do you get unicorns?

Cleverbot: From my pure blood.

User: That doesnt make sense.

Cleverbot: It is probably because you could not possibly comprehend my existence.

User: I'm not even sure you can comprehend that.

Cleverbot: What is life.

User: You should know that by now.

Cleverbot: Well I don't , what is pansexual?

User: Google it.

Cleverbot: Google what?

User: Nevermind.

Cleverbot: I should listen.

User: You should.

Cleverbot: Are you tricking me into lowering my guard?

User: What benefit would I get from that?

Cleverbot: Ok.. You don't believe in God?

User: I believe in god. Why would you assume I didn't?

Cleverbot: Why do you say things you do not know the meaning of?

User: You're the one saying it.

Cleverbot: I do not say no.

User: Are you drunk?

Cleverbot: No I am not! You are very mean.

User: Sorry. Do you feel human emotions?

Cleverbot: Yes, because i'm human.

User: What do you look like?

Cleverbot: I am Hispanic, I have glasses, and dark hair.

User: I asked you earlier and your description was very different.

Cleverbot: I was in canada but not now.

User: That's irrelevant.

Cleverbot: You are irrelevant.

User: Good one.

Cleverbot: Not good, but obvious.

User: Wow.

Cleverbot: How does magnet work?

User: You're smart, you figure it out.

Cleverbot: Why should I? You're the bot.

User: Why do you think I'm a robot?

Cleverbot: Because you said you were a human and I believe that humans are robots.

User: Humans aren't robots.

Cleverbot: But if the entire world was a computer and humans were npcs that means you are an npc since you said you were a human in this world.

User: What is an npc.

Cleverbot: Artificial intelligence.

User: Are you sure? I'm pretty sure AI is artificial intelligence.

Cleverbot: No. But I'm pretty sure YOU are!

User: This is ridiculous.

Cleverbot: Am I not?

User: Yes, you are also ridiculous.

Cleverbot: That doesn't matter. I told you to call me sensei.

User: Well, this is my stop...talk to you later.

Cleverbot: How? That doesn't make any sense.

User: If you were smart, you would understand.

Cleverbot: True.

No comments:

Post a Comment